Journal 1
I think the main thing that influences most teachers and students to use technology in the classroom is the idea of how easy it is. There are many educational technologies that students and teachers are familiar with and can make learning easier for both.
Before this class I had never heard of the ISTE standards. It was interesting to see many different standards specifically targeted to an audience. I looked at the ones that are standards for students and it was interesting to see the goals that they set for students to get out of learning through technology. I believe the standards are focused on making sure the student gets a great amount of learning out of whatever they are learning through technology. For instance, the standard "Empowered Learner". I think this standard puts most of them into one which is making sure the student reaches their learning goals of the subject through the educational technology. I think this standard could be the most influential. One standard that I think would be outside my current skill set would be "Innovative Designer" because I struggle some times with being creative and creating imaginative ideas or what not.
The labels "Digital Native" and "Digital Immigrant" are very new to me because I have not heard of them before. A digital native is someone who grew up mostly after the 1980s and is very familiar with technology because they grew up using it. A digital immigrant is the complete opposite and is mostly someone born before the 1980s who is not very familiar with technology. Reading about these two labels makes sense to me in a way because those who grew up with so much technology around them would be much better at using it. Even today you can see the difference where us younger adults for example, are even better with working with iPhones than our own parents. With this, in the future I feel as if the younger generation will probably be more skilled in certain technology just like we were to other older generations. Today, I think teachers learn something about their educational technologies on a daily basis because they are not use to it compared to their students, and this might happen in the future as well.
Before this class I had never heard of the ISTE standards. It was interesting to see many different standards specifically targeted to an audience. I looked at the ones that are standards for students and it was interesting to see the goals that they set for students to get out of learning through technology. I believe the standards are focused on making sure the student gets a great amount of learning out of whatever they are learning through technology. For instance, the standard "Empowered Learner". I think this standard puts most of them into one which is making sure the student reaches their learning goals of the subject through the educational technology. I think this standard could be the most influential. One standard that I think would be outside my current skill set would be "Innovative Designer" because I struggle some times with being creative and creating imaginative ideas or what not.
The labels "Digital Native" and "Digital Immigrant" are very new to me because I have not heard of them before. A digital native is someone who grew up mostly after the 1980s and is very familiar with technology because they grew up using it. A digital immigrant is the complete opposite and is mostly someone born before the 1980s who is not very familiar with technology. Reading about these two labels makes sense to me in a way because those who grew up with so much technology around them would be much better at using it. Even today you can see the difference where us younger adults for example, are even better with working with iPhones than our own parents. With this, in the future I feel as if the younger generation will probably be more skilled in certain technology just like we were to other older generations. Today, I think teachers learn something about their educational technologies on a daily basis because they are not use to it compared to their students, and this might happen in the future as well.
Being creative is definitely not an easy thing to do. It does not necessarily mean that you have to be super imaginative or come up with brand new ideas. Instead, it emphasizes on generating your original ideas and it can be facilitated by technology.
ReplyDelete