Journal 3
I looked at the ELA standards for grades 6-8. The one that I think I would have the most knowledge about would be the standard about integrating visual information with other information in print and digital texts. For example, this would include some resources to create graphs, charts, or images and implement them within the learning environment. This can also include using word to create some of these things and I feel that I have a great understanding of how to do this. One standard that I think would require me to get a better understanding of would be the one about comparing and contrasting information from sources of experiments or stimulations. The only thing about this standard would be to get more familiar with online programs that have stimulations or experiments.
In the CPALMS Educator toolkit there are many different resources for teachers and students to use within a classroom. One of the main things I think I would use in a classroom would be the games. I explored many of the different games for different subjects and I think they all have some sort of entertainment with them. Students, especially younger ones, have a small attention span and like to be entertained. I feel with learning games it does the job of trying to teach the students what they need to learn but also in a fun, entertaining way.
I enjoyed working on the Newsletter assignment very much. One of the reasons why I want to become a teacher is because of the creativity and crafty things that come with it. I feel that I am very proficient with word and found it easy to create the layout of the pages and to make it look very pleasing for students. I liked the images and the colors that I used, I thought they all went very well together. While doing the assignment I did learn a couple of new things about using word like different features to make sure the text and images stay in place.
In the CPALMS Educator toolkit there are many different resources for teachers and students to use within a classroom. One of the main things I think I would use in a classroom would be the games. I explored many of the different games for different subjects and I think they all have some sort of entertainment with them. Students, especially younger ones, have a small attention span and like to be entertained. I feel with learning games it does the job of trying to teach the students what they need to learn but also in a fun, entertaining way.
I enjoyed working on the Newsletter assignment very much. One of the reasons why I want to become a teacher is because of the creativity and crafty things that come with it. I feel that I am very proficient with word and found it easy to create the layout of the pages and to make it look very pleasing for students. I liked the images and the colors that I used, I thought they all went very well together. While doing the assignment I did learn a couple of new things about using word like different features to make sure the text and images stay in place.


I am glad that you found the newsletter assignment interesting and yes, being a teacher often means you need to craft various things from test items, to assignments, course ware, newsletter...
ReplyDelete