Journal 4
When I first got twitter it was for the idea of having another social media account and being able to interact with my friends. In the beginning when we were younger I think it was mostly for fun and being able to see what people are thinking. With time twitter became a very good source of news of literally anything. It is interesting to see exactly when a major event occurs just from twitter. Now, we see a lot of news about current events, political events, environmental issues and so much more. In various careers twitter can be helpful trying to get information out or maybe finding things out.
The digital divide is very surprising to me because I knew this existed but I did not know there was a proper term and that this occurs in all schools today. Now with growing technology many schools use technology to teach students and even students use technology to learn. However, I do not think this divide should affect a students success because I think teachers and schools should try to end this within classrooms. As a teacher I think it would it necessary to use technology now with all the new innovations but maybe for homework it should not be a requirement to use technology at home because not all students have. Also, teachers can ask in the beginning if students have access which is mostly what teachers try to from my experience.
With the up rise of technology I think there a few different software's that are very useful for students. I think one popular software would be Microsoft, whether it be word or power point, these applications are widely used throughout all grades. Another type of software could be online textbooks. This could influence the students positively with learning how to comprehend information electronically. Even now in college there are many features that come with online textbooks that can even be translated to younger students. For instance, chapter activities or study guides directly from the textbook.
The digital divide is very surprising to me because I knew this existed but I did not know there was a proper term and that this occurs in all schools today. Now with growing technology many schools use technology to teach students and even students use technology to learn. However, I do not think this divide should affect a students success because I think teachers and schools should try to end this within classrooms. As a teacher I think it would it necessary to use technology now with all the new innovations but maybe for homework it should not be a requirement to use technology at home because not all students have. Also, teachers can ask in the beginning if students have access which is mostly what teachers try to from my experience.
With the up rise of technology I think there a few different software's that are very useful for students. I think one popular software would be Microsoft, whether it be word or power point, these applications are widely used throughout all grades. Another type of software could be online textbooks. This could influence the students positively with learning how to comprehend information electronically. Even now in college there are many features that come with online textbooks that can even be translated to younger students. For instance, chapter activities or study guides directly from the textbook.
I am glad that you are now aware of digital divide. It is something that educators should keep in mind.
ReplyDelete