Journal 5
This was my first time using Diigo. I think this site can be very useful for group work or just for sharing information with peers. I liked how easy it is to navigate and to see the information other people share if you are in a group together. I also liked how it can be attached to chrome which makes it easy to bookmark articles or sites. It also was nice to have tools like highlighting and taking notes very handy to you.
This was also the first time I had done blogging for a class but it is very similar to discussion posts which I have done in other classes. I think blogging is a good way to get your thoughts out and an easy way to see other people's thoughts. I think for opinionated writing it is a better tool than a teacher just assigning a writing assignment to do through word. I feel like in a way blogging is much less formal and more personal to one's thoughts. From blogging so far I think I mainly learned more about expressing my own opinions even though its usually on small topics like blogging but these are the kinds of thinks that get you to have to think about certain things.
An interesting Web 2.0 tool I think I would use in a classroom is Glogster. This is a new application to me but from what I have read looks very interesting and can be very useful within the classroom. The website is used to create presentations and to use for interactive learning. This can be a fun new way for students to create presentations or even teachers to use to present a lecture instead of using the normal powerpoint.
This was also the first time I had done blogging for a class but it is very similar to discussion posts which I have done in other classes. I think blogging is a good way to get your thoughts out and an easy way to see other people's thoughts. I think for opinionated writing it is a better tool than a teacher just assigning a writing assignment to do through word. I feel like in a way blogging is much less formal and more personal to one's thoughts. From blogging so far I think I mainly learned more about expressing my own opinions even though its usually on small topics like blogging but these are the kinds of thinks that get you to have to think about certain things.
An interesting Web 2.0 tool I think I would use in a classroom is Glogster. This is a new application to me but from what I have read looks very interesting and can be very useful within the classroom. The website is used to create presentations and to use for interactive learning. This can be a fun new way for students to create presentations or even teachers to use to present a lecture instead of using the normal powerpoint.
I like Glogster but it is not technically Web 2.0 technology. It is a classroom management tool. Web 2.0 emphasizes on user generated content.
ReplyDelete