Journal 9

A flipped classroom is when students learn outside of the class or their "homework", and then when they get to class they do activities that normal classrooms. This way the teacher can be present to help students with activities and any misunderstandings about the lesson. Sometimes students do not really like this because it can be hard for individuals to teach themselves and try to learn a whole lesson to be able to do activities in class.
Open educational resources are resources that anyone can use. These resources are usually online. The word "open" means that the resource grants permission for free, can be edited, and usually can be shared. These resources can be easily be found and used. The article I found explained what open educational resources are and what their benefits are for students and teachers. Some of the benefits include reasons like improving student success while saving them money or increase academic freedom for faculty.
https://lumenlearning.com/about/whats-oer/
The two powerpoint assignments helped me learn more about some of the features within powerpoint. The main one I learned about is how you can record over your powerpoint while giving the presentation. This is very cool and I feel like I have not seen teachers use this. Usually, my professors use other programs that would record their voice over their computer screen while recording. I think I liked the interaction powerpoint a lot because it was interesting to see what you can do to make only the powerpoint presentation navigate the whole thing. For my interaction assignment, I made a jeopardy game that was fun to make and I think I made it all very interactive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal 0

ILP 1 Participation: Educational Technology for Student Success

Journal 2